Today's project: homemade baby wipes. This morning when I went to buy the bulk Parent's Choice Wipes at Walmart, I noticed the price had increased to over $11 (700 wipes). If I remember correctly, I bought the same box for around $7.88 the last time. Being as frugal as the day is long, I didn't get the wipes. I had seen several "recipes" for baby wipes, including one from my sister-in-law, Amy. I searched online, found several that looked promising and came up with the following:
8-pack roll of paper towels from Aldi (5.99 and makes 832 wipes)
Cut the roll in half using an electric knife
Combine 1 cup of water, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of cleanser
Remove cardboard inner from paper towels
Put roll into wipe container
Slowly and evenly pour mixture on paper towels
Let sit for 10 minutes
Turn upside down for 10 minutes
Pull from the center to get the wipes going
The result: super soft & large wipes -better than I was using before! Kitster's bum will be happy :)
Monday, April 26, 2010
Half Price Wipes/Twice as Good
Labels: Frugality