Sunday, September 12, 2010

Cord Storage and Cloth Diapers (again!)




Yesterday's project: centralizing all of the cords in our house. I've been wanting to hang pegboard in the basement for this purpose for a couple of months, and yesterday we finished the project. We bought the pegboard at Goodwill, and Chris used 2*2*8 strips to make a frame so that we wouldn't have to drill into the blocks. Now all of our cords, with the exception of musical cords, are in one place!

On a different note, yesterday I started using cloth diapers again. I'm giving simple prefolds, waterproof covers and pins a try -much cheaper than the deluxe cloth diapers that are available. I'm using microfiber inserts as well, purchased from Gabriel Brothers and not intended for diapering but very absorbent and soft. I have a couple of inexpensive items from Cottonbabies on order: Dappi nylon pants and a couple of gadgets called Snappis, which are easy-to-use fasteners that will take the place of diaper pins.